Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interesting thoughts by Peggy Noonan

While reading my news feeds this morning, I came across an article that really caught my attention. The full text is really worth the read if you go in with an open mind. A lot of people will think it just a slam on Sarah Palin, but honestly, those parts of the article are not at all what caught my eye. What was interesting is it's an article by a conservative that kind of nails what I was trying to say all during the last primary season and through the general election. Our country is in so much trouble, on so many different fronts, that we should really think more clearly and thoughtfully about what kind of people we think are capable of getting us through it. Peggy is writing this with the Republicans in mind specifically, in the sense that they need to rally together to truly pick the brightest person in their party to win next time around. But I think this is true in either party, and any others that would like to crop up as well.

So, if you're a Sarah fan, you can ignore Peggy's comments about her specifically, or realize that those comments are not what I'm talking about today. But for the bottom line thoughts that each party should really think about for their futures, it's worth the read.

No comments: