Sunday, November 2, 2008

the last bit of integrity gone...

In the past...

"Sen. John McCain repeatedly said he does not believe Obama's relationship to Wright should be an issue -- to the ire of some Republicans who feel it raises questions about the Illinois senator's judgment."

Today...

I guess that very last bit of integrity is gone based on this article. Apparently, when the last minute surprise didn't work, McCain will just go back on this issue to see if it will help him win the election. Enough already. We've beaten this one to death during the primaries. Not to just defend Obama, but I've sat in churches where I haven't agreed with what a pastor is saying. I would be ashamed of the rest of the parisheners if they did agree. But, I don't think I'd condemn all of them and claim they are just like him for continuing to sit there. (For full disclosure, I've also gotten up during a service and left based on the things that were being said by pastors).

Now, maybe McCain will come out and "repudiate" the PA GOPs behavior for putting this out, as he says he's "repudiated" all the terrible outcries at his rallies (by the way he hasn't done that either). But, somehow it won't matter if he does. It will be a little late as the ad is out, and he knows that. He may say it's bad, but he'll love that it's been done.

I will stand by what I've said in the past. I'll pray for whomever wins so that they can lead us through all the wrongs that have been done in the last 8 years, but boy... I'll also pray it isn't someone as hypocritical as McCain/Palin seem to be. I don't think, as a nation, that we can handle 4 years of this.

No comments: