Thursday, October 2, 2008

Broken promises or just plain stupidity...

I spent a very nice and relaxing evening with my better half last night (thank you to the boys volleyball team for having a chicken bbq fundraiser... it was delicious). However, by the time I got back home, I felt like I had run two miles instead of relaxed for several hours. You see, I turned on am talk radio on my way home. I know... why in the world would I do that? But I was just trying to see if the Senate passed the bail-out bill, and was sure there'd be news about it. There certainly was news. Unfortunately it was the Michael Savage show. For several years I've been trying to determine who I detest more... Michael or Rush Limbaugh. It's still a toss up. But, since I'd eaten alot, I did get a good workout as my blood pressure and heart rate rises so much when I listen to these kinds of people.

The point though is this... Michael was yelling at the radio in his normal "you're all idiots and I'm the only one with a clue or morals" voice, and stating that the democrats should all be put in jail for 25 years to life because they "squeeked into the bill a provision for health care for the mentally challenged". To be fair, he wasn't complaining about the mentally challenged this time, but about the fact that this amounted to porkbarrel spending that got into the already too pricey bill.

So my question is simply this... If that is porkbarrel spending that was added, is it just his stupidity and how he loves to yell at people that is the issue, or is it that Presidential Nominee McCain is already breaking his promise to "name names and make them famous" for anyone that adds pork to a bill. After all, he did vote in favor of this one with that provision in there. Guess the republican party nominee doesn't see it as pork at all. Oh an one last note, there is a provision now for Alaskan Fisherman. Guess Todd will like that one...

No comments: