Wednesday, October 8, 2008

on to the ridiculous

Ok, we've taken things way too far now. Republicans are now screaming about a "less than flattering" (in their view) picture of Sarah Palin on the new cover of Newsweek. In their mind, Newsweek is such an elitest democratic magazine, they went out of their way to NOT retouch the picture in order to degrade Palin. There are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin. Aren't we supposed to be happy with the way we look? Why do politicians "deserve" to be retouched to look good on the cover of news magazines? It's not like they are supermodels. And geez... I may not particularly think Palin is good for our country as a VP, but she's attractive even in this picture. Do these folks screaming about it think they are helping her? If I were Sarah, I'd be more offended that they are the ones talking about all my flaws in the picture. If they weren't... no one would probably be noticing them at all.


If you click on the picture, it gets bigger... but I still don't see what's wrong with it. Does it say something about how shallow these people are, that they all do?

No comments: