Monday, October 20, 2008

a non-political blog

I've been so disgusted since the last blog I wrote, that I'm no longer really paying any attention to the election. I won't be changing my mind about my vote at this point, so watching one side just come up with more hate to spew rather than talking about issues is a waste of my time. I'll be anxious for this election to be over. As I said before, I'll be praying for whomever wins, but if America really chooses wrongly, they'll only have themselves to blame for "nothing" when that's what they get.

So... This is a much more interesting subject. My little one is a cheerleader. Has been for several years now on a Jr. team. She now cheers for the Freshman team and they had two competitions this week. Her team took 1st place in both of them. So, this season is off to a great start just as her past years cheering were. She's been on winning teams now for a long time. It should be old hat for her, but to watch how nervous and excited she gets during the awards ceremonies, you'd never know she'd even been to a competition before. It's fun to see her like that. It reminds me of the days when I used to march in Winter Color Guard. The feeling of doing so well and being rewarded for it was incredible. For me, watching her is almost like being back in those days myself. The thrill of the competition was always a good one. I'm glad to see she's enjoying it as much as I always did. Mom is very proud...

And both my girls play instruments, which I did also. And they are both quite good at them. We are way since past the "twinkle twinkle little star" songs and on to music that is very engaging. I think part of the thrill for parents watching all these events, is that it brings us back to our youth... if only in our minds. At this point in my life, just in my mind is good enough. And, it's all my older self can handle (:-)

No comments: